Saturday, May 26, 2007

No more lawyering for document thief Sandy Berger

The news is more than a week old, but worth noting anyway:

"I have decided to voluntarily relinquish my license," [Berger] said. "While I derived great satisfaction from years of practicing law, I have not done so for 15 years and do not envision returning to the profession. I am very sorry for what I did, and I deeply apologize."
In giving up his license, Mr. Berger avoids being cross-examined by the Board on Bar Counsel, where he risked further disclosure of specific details of his theft. The agreement is expected to be formalized today.
(Washington Times)

It's still astounding that Berger got off so light. Berger, as the story relates, avoids a cross-examination by giving up his license without a fight.
And apparently Berger still has not sat for a polygraph test he agreed to as part of the original settlement of the case against him.

It's hard for me to see this as other than evidence of liberal politics in the Bush Justice Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.