Thursday, December 23, 2010

The needle and the damage done

I needle PolitiFact often about its biased attempts at fact checking.  And though I did not predict it as such, it comes as no surprise that PolitiFact's "Lie of the Year" story is doing considerable damage to their pretense of objectivity.

Let's face it:  Picking a "Lie of the Year" is not an objective activity in the first place, as I noted last year when PolitiFact first instituted the custom.  Picking a "Lie of the Year" is going to take subjective judgment at some level. This year's pick is steeped in subjective judgment perhaps even more than last year's.

I'll have more on PolitiFact's destruction of its reputation when I publish my review of PolitiFact for 2010.

1 comment:

  1. PolitiFact is getting a ton of press right now. And it's all bad.

    They've been exposed.

    Despite the glowing accolades of their sycophantic choir, the slightest bit of sunshine has been damaging to their brand. Only the partisans consider them "non-partisan" anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.