Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bill Maxwell tired of the namecalling

The title could say it all:

I'm not a conservative

Shocker!

But you don't really know that "conservative" is a bad word until Maxwell gets into it a bit further:
My white friends seek to rear their children in crime-free neighborhoods. I want black kids to grow up the same way. For wanting what is normal, I am condemned as a conservative and an enemy of black people.


Liberal whites I know read to their children and grandchildren and take them to museums and other venues of culture. Blacks should do the same for their children. For this belief, I am condemned as conservative.
Condemned as a conservative.  Hopefully Maxwell feels comfortable and accepted by his peers on the editorial board of the St. Petersburg Times.

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.