Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"College Insurrection"

William A. Jacobson of Cornell University and the fine Legal Insurrection blog today launched a new blog promoting conservative/libertarian student activism:  College Insurrection.
Jacobson:
Because most campuses are dominated by liberal adminstrators, faculty, and student activists, conservative/libertarian students often feel isolated and alone, and up against seemingly insurmountable forces which wield power over their lives.

For many students, the risk/reward ratio says to shut up and just go along so as not to be singled out and targeted
I have some firsthand knowledge with that experience, though I would emphasize that my liberal instructors almost without exception showed respect for my conservative views--which were assuredly expressed, where appropriate, in class and in my assignments.

I encourage conservative or libertarian students to make use of the support system Jacobson has established.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.