Thursday, October 19, 2006

Debra Bowen update

Following up on California secretary-of-state hopeful Debra Bowen's apparent mangling of survey data, I found a blog-style message board at Bowen's campaign website.

I found a message proclaiming Bowen's impressive debate victory (allegedly), and that seemed like a great place to renew my inquiry into the source she used for the dubious claim that supposedly induced her to run for the office in the first place.
1. Bryan Says:
October 19th, 2006 at 7:46 pm

During her introductory comments, Debra Bowen made the claim that 52% of Americans do not have confidence that their vote will be counted as it was cast.”
She cited a “recent” Pew Research survey, but the only one I can find with vaguely similar numbers is the one performed in the wake of the 2004 election.
Was that poll Bowen’s source?
(Debra Bowen for Secretary of State)
My name links right back to this blog, so it'll be interesting to see if they stop by before either answering or deleting my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.