Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"May not be washed if staining clothes incautiously"


I was using a CD marker on some CDs I've been burning lately and I noticed some of the fine print on my "Case Logic" markers.

  • Available for any surface
  • Please close the cap after use
  • Special ingredient of ink, permanent and less effect of pollution
  • Keep out of children
  • Convenient to mark
  • May not be washed if staining clothes incautiously
I like that the markers are available for any surface. What could be more convenient than that?

Closing the cap after use makes sense. It tends to dry out, otherwise.

What's not to like about a special ingredient of ink that is permanent, yet pollutes less?

Keep out of children. Hmm. Children tend to swallow things, but usually that's covered with "Keep out of reach of children" or something like that. Perhaps the manufacturer is concerned that parents might use the pen as a form of practice thermometer, and they don't recommend it for that purpose. Certainly it seems a good idea to avoid stabbing a child with the device (which could result in the marker being in a child).

Convenient to mark. Not sure why they mentioned that, given that the marker is available for all surfaces.

May not be washed if staining clothes incautiously. That one had me confused a bit, but I think I've got it figured out. Sometimes if I stain my clothes carelessly my better half insists that I do the wash. And I can't stand washing clothes. Thus, it stands to reason that if I incautiously stain my clothes with a Case Logic CD marker pen the item of clothing may not get washed.
Kind of an odd warning, but I can't deny the truth of it.

Note: An old cow-hand took a closer look at his Case Logic markers about a year before I did. I think my analysis is more objectively analytical, but it's an interesting comparison.

1 comment:

  1. Forget all that where can they be purchased?

    ReplyDelete

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.