Wednesday, May 02, 2012

May Artist: Mads Eriksen

I'm unhappy with the changes Reverb Nation has made to its music player embed, so the monthly music artist recommendation will have a random format until I settle on one I like.  This month's featured artist is Norwegian guitarist Mads Eriksen.

Eriksen has great chops and a superior melodic sense.  He also has an affinity for chicken pickin' country licks.  Two instrumental tunes in heavy rotation are "In the Streets and Alleys of Town" and "Admission of Failure." 

Here's a Spotify playlist featuring four of my favorite tunes including the two mentioned above.


And here's a video of the last song, "Destroyer."



Addendum: I'm giving the Spotify playlist a try in the sidebar. It's wider than the old nifty "Reverb Nation" player, so it's near the very bottom to minimize interference with searches of posts by the month or year.


Addendum Jr.:  If the playlist shows as "empty" for me I imagine it does the same for others (though it worked at first).  Bear with me as I leave things as they are for the sake of experimentation.

Addendum III: Jettisoned the Spotify playlist player; didn't seem to work and apparently interfered with stats.

Update: Fixed title to reflect the current month ("May") rather than the preceding month ("April"). Can't slow the advance of time that way, as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.