Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Travis Larson Band: "Dreamcatcher"

I haven't forgotten about the artist of the month feature, lately a non-feature.  I'm just not satisfied with the currently available set of embeds.  Until improvements occur on that front, I will intermittently feature a video or something that gives us something to look at while pleasing the ear.

The Dixie Dregs' instrumental tune "Hereafter" stands as a long-time favorite of mine.  San Luis Obispo's Travis Larson Band has a song with a parallel vibe, even if it lacks the scorching and wonderful Steve Morse outtro guitar solo.  Without further ado, "Dreamcatcher":



I should add that I love Larson's solos on the song.  I distinguish his soloing from Morse's because the "Hereafter" solo is somewhat aggressive for a relatively mellow tune--and because it's also one of my favorite guitar solos of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.