Thursday, September 04, 2008

Palin and the Pledge

There is much to admire about Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, but her response to a gubernatorial questionnaire is a legitimate embarrassment.
11. Are you offended by the phrase “Under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?
JB: No.
SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.
FM: No Response
MH: No Response
GH: No Response
TK: No Response
EC: No Response
BL: No Response
EB: No Response
DD: No Response
DW: No Response
An Eagle Forum blog hosted at Blogspot had the above as part of a post presenting the results of the poll. The blog administrator(s) apparently acted remove the post from the blog, which I think is a bad move. It was easily retrieved via a Google cache.

I'll admit that I suspected a forgery when I first looked into it--I currently have little doubt that the site was legit--though it remains less than certain that Palin was personally responsible for the content indicated by her answers. She minored in political science so I'd be surprised if she wasn't aware of the origin of the Pledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.