Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting in Florida

It took me about a half hour to cast my vote, counting drive time round trip.

Lines were pretty much nonexistent. My precinct now uses the optical scan system for voting, and I was surprised at the size of the ballot, which rivals a page from a legal tablet.

I took my camera along, just in case something newsworthy might occur, but everything was perfectly humdrum apart from a discussion going on between two voters in the privacy booth to my left (I didn't put much effort into discerning their topic of conversation).

For the last presidential election the better half and I voted together in the morning and waited in line for a good bit of time. It's hard to say how election turnout will compare with 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.