Thursday, June 23, 2011

Democrats' message board vigilantes

As if PolitiFact's Matrix isn't bad enough, now we've got message-board vigilantes.

Check out this pair of posts from PolitiFact's FaceBook page:



No doubt Hussain confirmed that I am not a real person by using his tricorder.


Wallenius needed no tricorder.  Her techniques derive from the classic sleuths such as Sherlock Holmes, Lord Peter Wimsey and Columbo.  Or maybe Adam West's Batman:
Jen Emmelman
Sheila, how do you know that about Bryan? I mean I am aware that he is a troll, but how did you figure out the rest?


Sheila Fahey Wallenius
Jen: two things - recent meeting I attended exposing the "professional troll training" the tightie righties are engaging in, so i knew what to look for. One of those things to look for is see where they're posting.

If you looked at his Wall - - going back nearly a full MONTH - - the ONLY PLACE that "Bryan" posts IS on "PolitiFact" - that tells me he's been specifically assigned to PolitiFact. He'll be back I'm sure, but now I've ID'd him, reported him and blocked him, so it might slow him down a bit for awhile.

Others are "assigned" to the various Obama campaign pages; still others to the White House page, etc. etc.


Sheila Fahey Wallenius Jen, I believe there's a You Tube video somewhere taken by someone with a cell phone cam at one of the "professional troll trainings"

The tactics they use are fascinating - dishonest and despicable as hell - but fascinating.

But, y'know... when you don't have the TRUTH, FACTS & EVIDENCE on your side, that's the kind of scumbag stuff I would expect the tightie righties and teabaggers would resort to.
My troll tactic with Wallenius was to point out that PolitiFact uses Heritage Foundation material in its source lists.  Wallenius denied it:
PolitiFact CITES Heritage Foundation, ONLY when they're drawing a comparison between statements coming from a right leaning group to those made by a lef-leaning (sic) group.
It wasn't hard finding an exception to Wallenius' claim.

Apart from her unsupported claim regarding PolitiFact's use of Heritage Foundation as a source, the disturbing thing about Wallenius is her resemblance to the evil spectre she tried to paint of me.

I'm supposedly some sort of agent, trained by the GOP to troll innocent message boards and assigned to the PolitiFact message board in particular--let alone the fact I've been criticizing PolitiFact under my own name and plainly announced the purpose of my FaceBook account many months ago. Meanwhile, Wallenius actually attends some sort of seminar to help her ferret out GOP agents and neutralize them.  One of us is a party operative, anyway.

Holy GOP imposter, Sheila!



Thank you, reality-based community. Wonderful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.