Monday, November 12, 2007

"I'm all for serious debate & opposing views" 2

Updating a story destined for Bad Blogs Blood (a sister blog I use when I digress and pass judgment on the quality of a blog), I tried another benign post over at Fran's "Ramblings."

Fran posted an e-mail she had received providing instructions for progressives (or however people wish to label themselves--I know when I pick one for them it's a no-win scenario) who wish to apply political pressure to impeach .

I provided a brief and factual observation, keeping personal attacks to an absolute minimum:
Bryan said...

Democrats in Congress would have tabled Kucinich's bill if not for Republican support.
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/House_Dem_defends_leadership_decision_to_1109.html

November 12, 2007 7:32 PM

It kind of looked like this:



Here's what it looked like after somebody "all for serious debate & opposing views" took note:



This is too funny. I haven't updated that other blog for a bit, though.

Since I'm not being censored on my home turf, here's some commentary on the GOP maneuvering in Congress, courtesy of the Cleveland Plain Dealer (Kucinich is one of Cleveland's congressional representatives):
House Republicans began changing their votes. By the time Pelosi's leadership team figured out what was going on, the once-certain vote to kill Kucinich's resolution was doomed, 251-162. "We're going to give them their day in court," Texas Republican Pete Sessions chortled to the Associated Press.

That's precisely what Pelosi and Hoyer wanted to avoid. They didn't want the House derailed by such a sideshow, and they didn't want their members - who have no love for Cheney - forced to choose between being responsible lawmakers and mollifying a loud subset of Democrats who think the vice president is Darth Vader.
(Cleveland Plain Dealer)
What will it take for Fran to figure out that impeachment isn't going anywhere, I wonder?

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.