Wednesday, June 27, 2007

True genius at the Project for the Old American Century

I got a big laugh moments ago when I checked the results for the sublovious poll--one of the longest-running polls ever ... maybe.

I'm finishing up a series at the Bad Blogs' Blood blog on the Project for the Old American Century, which is a site for those generally to the left on the political spectrum.

Over the last few days, I paid a visit to the the message board at POAC, and during introductions I mentioned that I had encountered the site through its "Counterspin" pages, where the POAC folks attempt to answer various "talking points." An argument about the "Counterspin" page ensued and I was fairly promptly banned from their message board (in spite of my traditionally courteous manner).

During that process, POACers followed a URL I provided back to Bad Blogs' Blood, and via that site (trusty profile, no doubt) found their way to this site ... and a couple of them voted in the poll. Two more votes for Bush misleading Americans about Iraq's responsibility for 9-11, even though right next to the poll I link to information that should prevent anybody except a loon from voting in the upper third of the poll choices.

Astonishingly, a total of 15 people have voted in strong agreement with the proposition that "President Bush caused a dramatic increase in the number of Americans who believe that Iraq was involved in the 9-11 attacks," compared to just one who was uncertain and one other who had strong disagreement with the same statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.