Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Jay Rosen on Porkbusters

My haunting of liberal blogs indirectly led to this post.

"Pushing Rope" is a blog centered on Florida politics. Since I'm a Floridian interested in politics, that blog draws my attention. Michael Hussey, apparently the primary contributer at Pushing Rope, wrote a piece concerning Florida governor candidate Charlie Crist's views on the state budget. Busybody that I am, I initiated a series of comments on that issue. That conversation hasn't matured to the point that I want to write a blog entry, though Michael has mentioned his dislike for pork spending.

Well, bravo for that. Michael's not the only liberal concerned about pork. A blog-based non-partisan movement called Porkbusters has grown up over the past year, and NYU's Jay Rosen published an excellent article on Porkbusters, viewing it as the beginning of an era of networked journalism.

Give it a read:
The Era of Networked Journalism Begins

Hat tip to Instapundit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.