Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Amazing Criswell

I was going through some old books today and I found one that I picked up maybe 15 years ago. It was a book of predictions by "The Amazing Criswell" (Criswell Predicts: From Now To the Year 2000!).
Criswell's fame has been artificially extended by his role in the "Ed Wood" film by Tim Burton (and featuring Johnny Depp in the lead role).
Criswell was played (somewhat brilliantly) by Jeffrey Jones. Yes, that Jeffrey Jones.

Anyway, I'll plan to provide approximately a review per week of one of Criswell's predictions. It will become apparent that Criswell didn't play it safe with his long-term predictions. Some of them are perfectly audacious and it makes for an amusing review. Or at least I hope others will find it amusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.