Friday, June 20, 2008

Obama: Magic Man

With Obama's fantastic policy ideas dancing in my head, the Heart tune "Magic Man" appeared as the soundtrack. I decided to go with it and try my hand at a song parody.

Election season not long ago
Before I wrote this song you know
A pretty man came to me
He could paint the map blue
You know I could not run away
he seemed better than the Clinton team
It seemed like he knew me
He looked right through me, yeah
"Come on home, troops" he said with a smile
"I believe in hope and change
and I lead the voting by a mile
But try to understand
Try to understand
Tony Rezko didn’t buy my land
I'm a magic man."

The mainstream press sang in tune
Painted George Bush as a goon
Never think, no never
Let this spell last forever
Then Clinton’s numbers began to fall
she did not campaign well at all
Clinton says she's worried
He’ll need to grow up in a hurry, yeah

"Yes we can!" Obama replied to the crone
"I’ll meet with crazy despots without preconditions—all alone!"
"But try to understand how they see us in Iran!”
Try try try to understand
He's a magic man, Obama, ah ...
He's a magic man

"Come on home, troops" he said with a smile
"I’m a friend of Israel, my policies are not wild!
But try to understand, give the Palestinians more land!
Try to understand
Give in to all of their demands!”
He's a magic man! oh yeah
Oh, he’s got the magic hands

"Hope and change" he said with a smile
"I’ll stop that global warming
and make new jobs--a whole big pile!”
Don’t try to understand
It’s too great of a demand
keep your head under the sand
He's a magic man. yeah ... oh ...



Apologies to Sen. Clinton for the whole "crone" thing. I just couldn't pass up the rhyme in a problematic section of the song. Nothing personal--and it helps communicate the antipathy that built up between the two camps over the last six months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.