Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hajj photo review





Through the wonders of the primitive "Paint" program, I've finally got the enhancement of the enhanced/unenhanced Beirut photo by Adnan Hajj.

In the original, note that the horizon line, indicated in yellow, is relatively straight and even from left to right.
In the altered version, the horizon line to the left is markedly higher.
I used green lines to mark the elements in the scenery that were reproduced with the secondary image placed above the original object in alignment with the smoke plume.

So, if anybody didn't have any idea what I was talking about with my post here, hopefully this helped.

Note: The image of a human head in the second image was not among the Annan Hajj alterations. That was a joke by one of the bloggers writing on the issue. Since the image still serves well to illustrate the type of alterations that Hajj made to the image (the lines I added ignored the giant human head in favor of the extra buildings and smoke), I'm not going to duplicate my work anew on a more pristine version of the Hajj touch-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.