Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Have I now seen it all?

Not long after I finished criticizing the stance of Not the Country Club respecting Cuba, Al copies a ode to Fidel from another site, called "Why We Love Fidel."

Is it the way he imprisons political dissidents and stifles democratic reforms?

Apparently not.

Because we think there has to be some other way
That there must be more to life than this
That life and living must have some meaning too
(source)
As though serving as the prime example of government oppression in the whole of the Americas is a laudable meaning?

A note from the author: I don't like changing posts well after I've published them, other than correcting typographical errors, but the last line was so badly written that I had to change it. Hopefully it is now coherent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remain on topic and keep coarse language to an absolute minimum. Comments in a language other than English will be assumed off topic.